Get Natural in 2011: SMGA Spring/Summer Calendar
Have fun with us in 2011 and connect with your friends and with Mother Earth at the same time. (But before you do, check back in to confirm the March-May dates and times below!)
- February 12, Hike @ Spring Lake Preserve, 8:30 to 10:30 am (rain day February 26) Details
- March 6, Meet & Greet @ Prospect Park/Lower Purgatory Creek Natural Area by the Learning Tree, 2:00 to 4:00 pm
- March 12, Hike @ Blanco Shoals, 8:30 to 10:30 am (rain day March 26)
- April 9, Bobcat Build (time and location to be announced)
- April 15, Full Moon Hike “Marshmallow Tax Moon” @ Ringtail Ridge Natural Area, 5:30 pm. Show up anytime, bring your seat and a beverage. S’mores await you (or whatever else you bring that you can cook on the end of a stick).
- April 30, Booth/Hike @ Earth Day Celebration, Spring Lake Preserve (times to be announced)
- May 14, International Birding Migration Day Hike @ Ringtail Ridge Natural Area, 9:00-11:00 am
- May 28, Hike @ Upper Purgatory Natural Area, 8:00 to 10:00 am. Hike will go from Upper Purgatory to Prospect/Lower Purgatory. Arrange to carpool with others back to our starting point at Upper Purgatory or contact us ahead of time to arrange a ride.
Photo Credit: Oak Forest in Fall, Carol Watson, Naturescapes 2010 Photo Contest