SMGA has been working on updating our vision for a future system of trails along San Marcos’ streams and rivers that connects local natural areas and our neighborhoods. We call this vision the Loop & Check due to the shape of the greenbelt.
In addition to the natural areas depicted on the map, several new tracts will soon be added to the evolving greenbelt(s). These include:
- Two 50+ acre tracts on Cottonwood Creek
- A 34-acre park on Willow Springs Creek
- Two tracts on Purgatory Creek (11 acres at Wonder World & Hunter and a sliver along Purgatory Creek downtown between LBJ & Guadalupe)
- A 50+ acre park on the Blanco
- A small addition to the Crystal Creek Greenbelt in the Buie tract across from Franklin Square Park
San Marcos Parks and Recreation will be adding these tracts to the Master Plan in the next few weeks. We also hear that new parkland may be added along Willow Springs Creek and Cottonwood Creek as part of the Paso Robles development.