- SMGA’s stewardship chair, Julie King, is moving on to bigger and better things – or at least on to cooler and higher places in Colorado. We truly wish her the best!
Purgatory Creek Greenspace
- SMGA is looking for a couple of volunteers to identify appropriate locations for directional signs in Purgatory, including in the upper and lower portions and the WonderWorld extension. If you’re interested, email [email protected] and we’ll send you more information.
- The city’s map of the WonderWorld extension trail is available here and on the Natural Areas page on our web site.
- Todd Derkacz and Dick McBride install blazes in Purgatory in the photo to the right. More blazes coming soon!
- SMGA is finishing up the grant requirements for the TPWD grant. Bike racks are installed, kiosks are being updated, trail blazes are being installed, and entrance signs are on the way.
- We’ve had lots of volunteers put in time building a new bridge at the back of the ADA accessible trail. Todd and Colin Castro shown to the left tote lumber to build the beauty depicted below: thanks to the many hands helping on this project!
Spring Lake Preserve
- Contractors for the City of San Marcos are drilling soil samples in Spring Lake to test the soil for a potential waste water line. There should only be about 6 holes drilled. Let SMGA know if you see anything.
- Harris Road Company of Wimberley has been chosen to build an ADA accessible trail at Spring Lake, so you may see survey marks.
– Updates provided by Maggie Hutchins, SMGA President